I am a pizza lover. I love everything about pizza. It can be a homemade, hand-tossed, and freshly made pizza or even frozen pizza! Pizza rolls are one of the derivatives out of the traditional pizza recipe.
That is what I am going to share with you in this blog. How to cook pizza rolls using an Air Fryer, the fastest and healthiest way.
You can cook almost all kinds of food in an Air Fryer. That is how versatile an Air Fryer is. Plus, you no need have to worry about extra calories from oil.
Traditionally, we cook Pizza rolls using a deep-fryer. It is high time to change the way we look at cooking Pizza rolls. Air Fryer to the rescue.
It can be dragging when choosing the best Air Fryer to suit your family’s needs. We got you covered, here are the best air fryers to help you.
Cooking The Crispiest Pizza Rolls In Air Fryer Tips
- As promised, you will cook pizza rolls swiftly in an air fryer just by setting the right temperature at 380 degrees for 6 minutes.
- You can create your mini dough, crust, soft-wraps, or egg roll wrapper. If you are running out of time, you can buy it from the grocery. Spray with a little olive oil before placing the wrapped pizza in the Air Fryer rack. Doing this will add crispness to your Pizza rolls.
- There is a wide array of toppings. These are salami, pepperoni, Hungarian slices, and ham. You do not want to miss the exciting part, the mozzarella cheese, paired with sliced mushrooms to coat your meats.
- You can select from a variety of pizza sauce that fits your taste buds. You can opt for an Italian, American, French, or you can come up with your personal pizza sauce. To make your life a breeze here is a curated list of the best store-bought pizza sauce available in the market.
- For busy moms like us, we can buy Totino’s frozen pizza rolls as an alternative.
- You can choose from any of the following: Hand-made dough crust, egg roll wrappers, wonton wrappers, or soft wraps
- Toppings like salami, ham, sliced Hungarian, pepperoni
- Home-made pizza sauce or store-bought pizza sauce, your choice.
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Mushroom, pepper
- In a pan, lay flat the crust or wrappers, spread the pizza sauce evenly on it.
- Add the toppings, any of the following: ham, pepperoni, salami, ham, Hungarian slice of mushroom, pepper, pineapple, onions as you please.
- Spread a generous amount of shredded cheese, add finely chopped oregano or basil, as you wish.
- Roll up pizza and make sticks to a size that will fit in the Air Fryer
- Preheat the Air Fryer to 380 degrees Fahrenheit for a minute.
- Then set the temperature to 400 degrees F for 6 minutes
- Get the rack from the Air Fryer and place the Pizza rolls or pizza logs evenly on it, place it back inside the Air Fryer.
- Wait for the timer to run out, open the Air Fryer, and voila! You have the crunchiest Pizza Rolls ever. Wait for the pizza rolls to cool down a bit, serve with your favorite drinks.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 388Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 810mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 15g
I tried to find out for myself what is really the best way to cook Pizza Rolls, and here are the results. I focused on the crispness and cooking time as the basis.
Frying In Oil Prep Vs. Air Frying Home Made Pizza Rolls
- Deep-fried homemade Pizza Rolls give an authentic taste of an equally deep-seated oil in the food. It takes 15 minutes of your cooking time to deep fry.
- Air Fried Pizza rolls are a healthy alternative for those who are health conscious. There will be less to no oil in an Air Fryer. Plus, you get to choose the ingredients you put in your homemade pizza rolls. Cooking in an Air Fryer yields crunchier and more delectable homemade Pizza rolls.
Oven/Microwave Prep Vs. Air Frying Frozen Pizza Rolls
- Microwaving Frozen Pizza Rolls takes away the crunchiness in every bite that a deep-fry Pizza rolls give. Microwaved pizza rolls are not that appetizing and a bit soft. The cooking time is quick compared to deep-fried Frozen Pizza Rolls.
- Standard or conventional oven-cooked Frozen Pizza rolls are crunchy and tasty. Cooking time is slightly longer than in an Air Fryer, approximately 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, Air frying Frozen Pizza Rolls yields the crunchiest and crispiest results and cook the fastest of them all at 7 minutes. The only setback that I have is the noise when cooking in an Air Fryer.
How Long Do You Cook Pizza Rolls In An Air Fryer?
The cooking time depends on how efficient and powerful your Air Fryer model is. Since my Air Fryer is a Ninja Foodi, my pizza rolls cooking time is just 6 minutes. Although Air Fryers are indeed different and cooking depends on your climate, the results may also be different.
Can You Cook Frozen Pizza In An Air Fryer?
Indeed, Frozen Pizza, either homemade or store-bought, can be cooked in an Air Fryer. The cooking time varies depending on the size of the pizza and the brand of the Air Fryer.
For a personal size pizza, the approximate cooking time is 8 to 12 minutes. You can check and adjust the timer if the pizza needs a longer cooking time, depending on how you want it cooked.
Some pizzas have a thin crust, others are thick. You can follow the packet instructions for further instructions to get good results.
Can You Cook A Pizza Puff In An Air Fryer?
Certainly, The Air Fryer is versatile and cooks all kinds of food, including Pizza puff. Every time I visit the store, It’s a must on my list. My daughters simply adore them.
The frozen Pizza pocket cooks at 350 degrees for 12 minutes in an Air Fryer. Cooking time depends on the brand of Air Fryer. For the homemade Pizza Puff made of meat, make sure you cook them before you wrap.
How Do You Cook A Totino’s Pizza In An Air Fryer?
Here’s A Simple Guide On Cooking Totino’s Frozen Pizza rolls:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the frozen Totino’s evenly in the rack of the Air Fryer.
- Wait for 7 minutes to cook. Savor the crispiest Pizza rolls cooked in minutes in an Air Fryer.
In a nutshell, I am convinced that the best way to cook Pizza rolls is with the use of an Air Fryer. It’s definitely a kitchen-friendly machine to aid us with our busy lifestyle. So why wait, with only 6 minutes give this a try and share with us your experience!