If you’re looking to start eating healthier or you just crave a savory meal tonight, try out this quick, easy, and delicious vegan rotini dinner idea.
- 1 cup rotini, cooked
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 6 mushrooms, chopped
- 1 zucchini, cubed
- 1 carrot, cubed
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 can black beans
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 1 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Cook rotini pasta according to package instructions.
- In a large pan with preheated olive oil add in garlic and onion and cook until slightly brown.
- Stir in tomatoes, mushrooms, zucchini, and carrots, and cook covered for at least 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in black beans, tomato paste, and seasonings to taste. Let it cook for another few minutes.
- Stir in cooked rotini and simmer for 5 minutes and remove from the heat.
- Top with parsley and enjoy.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 472Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1915mgCarbohydrates: 79gFiber: 23gSugar: 13gProtein: 24g
- Rotini pasta: Penne pasta
- Mushrooms: White mushrooms, shiitake, maitake
- Zucchini: English cucumber
- Black beans: Pinto beans, kidney beans
- Onion: Onion powder
- Garlic cloves: Garlic powder
- Olive oil: Avocado oil, coconut oil