Cranberry Moscow Mule is my perfect holiday entertaining drink. I mean, It’s boozy, festive, and refreshing! It’s exactly the type of drink you want to be sipping while exchanging pleasantries and catching up with your favorite people. My holiday parties will not be complete without this amazing holiday cocktail. You can say it has been my signature drink for years now.
I love cranberries and I will honestly use any and every excuse to add it to my holiday dishes or drinks. It matches perfectly well with the zestiness of fresh lime. Combine this with the pleasant tartness of the ginger beer and vodka in a classic Moscow mule. Who knew simply adding cranberry juice and fresh cranberries can further upgrade your regular Moscow mule?
This is such a fun drink to serve especially with its bright, festive colors that give the perfect holiday vibe! You can make no mistake in this as it is very easy to prepare even if you don’t have bartending experience. I love serving these cocktails in my favorite copper mugs and garnish it with cranberry sprigs, they give it the rustic presentation that it deserves.
How To Make Cranberry Moscow Mule:
- Start with the cranberry sprigs. Now, this is an optional step and is all for the aesthetic, but it really steps up the cocktail. It’s super easy to make so if you have the extra bit of time, do not skip them! Simply skewer about 3 cranberries with a rosemary stem. To make the skewers, take off the bottom leaves of a rosemary sprig.
- Then for the drink, fill your cocktail shaker with ice and combine the cranberry juice, lime juice, and vodka in it. Shake the concoction well and pour over ice into the copper mugs. Fill the mugs up to 1/3 through and finish it with a splash of ginger beer. Stir it well to fully incorporate it into the cocktail.
- To serve, add a cranberry sprig, lime wedges, and some frozen cranberries. Serve immediately!
Tips For Making Your Own Cranberry Moscow Mule:
- Serving the Cranberry Moscow Mule in copper mugs helps keep them chilled longer. If you don’t have one you can serve them in regular glasses.
- The ginger beer itself is non-alcoholic. It is simply a brewed and fermented soft drink, thus the “beer” in the name. To make a non-alcoholic version or mocktail, simply replace the vodka with club soda or sparkling water.
- To lessen dilution caused by ice, freeze some cranberries ahead. You can add it to the cocktail with or instead of ice. Do not add the ice until you are ready to serve the cocktail.
- It is best to have a cocktail shaker to make the drink, but if you don’t have one you can simply stir it instead.
- You can use homemade cranberry juice or your favorite store-bought cranberry juice to save time.
What I Serve With Cranberry Moscow Mule:
A festive drink requires a festive snack or hors d’oeuvre to go with it! Here are some of my favorite pairings with this amazing cocktail:
Goat Cheese-Filled Prosciutto Baskets – An amazing holiday appetizer that I love serving with this Cranberry Moscow Mule cocktail is these Goat Cheese-Filled Prosciutto Baskets. They’re creamy, crunchy, and ultimately flavorful too!
Sweet & Savory Spiced Pecans – If you need something that’s just as easy to make as this drink, go with some Sweet & Savory Spiced Pecans. It’s the perfect finger food for holiday entertaining and is something you can easily snack on while chatting with friends.
Cranberry Moscow Mule
Enjoy this sweet yet tart twist to the classic Moscow Mule. A combination of cranberry juice, ginger beer, and vodka topped with frozen cranberries and a slice of lime.
- ¾ cup premium vodka
- ¼ cup of cranberry juice, pure
- 1/8 cup lime juice, fresh
- 1 ½ cup ginger beer
- Fresh Cranberry Sprigs
- Frozen Cranberries
- Fresh Lime Wheels
- Make the cranberry sprigs by removing the bottom leaves of a rosemary sprig. Skewer about 3 pieces of fresh cranberries on the stem.
- In a cocktail shaker full of ice, combine the cranberry juice, lime juice, and vodka. Shake it for about 10 to 20 seconds to fully incorporate and pour it over ice into the copper mugs. Fill them about 1/3 through and finish with a splash of ginger beer. Stir well.
- To serve, add the cranberry sprig, lime wedges, and frozen cranberries. Serve immediately!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 364Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 19mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 5gSugar: 32gProtein: 1g
Are you excited about the upcoming holidays? I am too! Make it more fun and festive with this Cranberry Moscow Mule, I guarantee you can never go wrong with this. Please send my dinner invitation in the comment box below, I promise to RSVP immediately! 😉