Need something that everybody can snack on while waiting for dinner to be ready? This Easy Sweet & Savory Spiced Pecans is an appetizer that everybody will surely enjoy! It’s crunchy, it’s sweet, it’s savory and it’s hard to stop popping another one in your mouth. LOL.
This energy-boosting appetizer is a must for anyone who’s planning to host family gatherings or parties this holiday season. I place a cup or two of this in a couple of my “guests-only” bowls (fellow moms, I know you know what I’m talking about 😉). I then position them in different parts of the house where the guests are hanging out. It gives them something to munch while they’re catching up and waiting for the main course to be served.
Another thing I like to do is make a huge batch and pack these deliciously addicting spiced pecans into cute little jars. I then tie a simple card with twine around it and hand them around as a simple gift. I frequently get messages a day or two later asking for the recipe, saying their kids loved it too! So, due to insistent public demand, I’m sharing the not-so-secret recipe for my Easy Sweet & Savory Spiced Pecans.
How I Make Sweet & Savory Spiced Pecans:
- You will need a rimmed baking sheet, line it with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Then move an oven rack to the middle position then preheat the oven to 350°F. Now we want to start working on the spices, in a small bowl combine cinnamon, rosemary, cardamom, cloves, cayenne pepper, allspice, salt, and pepper. Stir it well with a small whisk to evenly combine.
- Place a skillet over medium heat and melt the butter. Then stir in the maple and honey until they are fully incorporated. After about 2 minutes, take the pan off the heat and set it aside. Get a separate large bowl and combine the pecans, spice mix, and the honey-butter mixture we just made. Continuously stir the ingredients until the nuts are evenly coated in the spice and butter mix.
- It’s baking time! Pour the spiced pecans into the lined baking sheet and evenly spread it out in a single layer. Then pop it in the oven for about 30 minutes, take it out halfway through and stir the pecans before putting it back in for another 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let it rest for up to 10 minutes. Sprinkle the pecans with half of the sugar and stir well. Pour the remaining half of the sugar then stir again before letting it completely cool down. You can transfer the candied spiced pecans to airtight containers, and they’ll be good for the next 2-3 weeks!
Easy Sweet & Savory Spiced Pecans
This crowd-favorite appetizer is super easy to make! Crunchy pecans are covered in various spices, sweet honey, and maple plus a dusting of sugar.
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¾ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ teaspoon ground cayenne
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/3 cup honey
- 4 cup whole pecans
- ¼ cup raw cane or other large grain sugar, for dusting
- Move top oven rack to the middle position then preheat your oven to 350°F. Prepare a large baking pan by lining it with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, allspice, cayenne, salt, and pepper together. Set aside for later.
- Place a skillet over medium heat to melt the butter. Then pour the maple syrup and honey and stir continuously. Take the pan off the heat to slightly cool.
- Combine the pecans and the melted butter in a large mixing bowl. Gradually add the prepared spice mixture and continuously stir until all the pecans are evenly coated.
- Carefully pour the spiced pecans into the lined baking pan. Arrange it to an evenly spread out layer and do not overcrowd. Pop the pan in the oven to bake for 30 minutes. Take them out at 15 minutes and stir it before putting in back in the oven.
- Take the pecans out of the oven and let them rest for up to 10 minutes. Dust it with half of the coarse sugar and lightly toss to combine. Repeat the same with the other half of the sugar and allow it to cool completely. Transfer the Sweet & Savory Spiced Pecans into individual serving bowls and serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 999Total Fat: 87gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 69gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 275mgCarbohydrates: 61gFiber: 11gSugar: 43gProtein: 10g
This wonderfully crunchy treat will make your holiday hosting even better. Try out my Sweet & Savory Spiced Pecans and you’ll thank me later. 😉 it’s super easy and you can conveniently make it while working on the other dishes. Happy Holidays, ciao! ♥