More and more fitness and health enthusiasts are realizing the health benefits of masticating juicers. It would be a selfish thought if I would not be sharing what are the benefits of masticating juicers. So today we’ll take a closer look at everything this amazing juicer has to offer.
We need to consume fruits and vegetables every day to keep us healthy. Yet, many factors cause us not to be able to follow this daily. Some don’t have the time to prepare a well-balanced meal. While others are not comfortable consuming whole fruits and veggies.
This is where juicing comes in to save the day. It extracts all the significant nutrients from your favorite whole foods. These are then made into delicious and fresh juices. They are easy to make and doesn’t take as much time as preparing a whole meal. It’s also a terrific way to get your kids to get their daily needed fruit and veggie intake!
What Are Masticating Juicers?
Masticating juicers are also known as cold press juicers. You may also come across them as slow juicers or auger juicers. They use augers or gears to imitate the way humans chew or masticate food. These augers run at a speed of 80 to 100 RPM, crushing and pressing the produce into a well-extracted juice. They yield more juice than other types of juicers, and they produce healthier juices too.
This amazing juicer, while enjoyable to use could be quite tricky to clean as it has several bits and pieces if you are one experiencing this you will feel lucky that we shared our how to clean a masticating juicer tried and tested tricks.
What Are The Health Benefits Of Masticating Juicers?
Undoubtedly for Juicing enthusiasts, the rivalry on masticating vs centrifugal juicers will be a constant topic. The primary difference is with the way they process your fresh produce which affects the end results. This is how masticating juicers became the top choice when it comes to getting a juicer, along with the health benefits it has to offer:
- Some say juicing is not as healthy as consuming whole foods. This is where masticating juicers make a difference. They extract all the significant fiber, nutrients, vitamins, and minerals that make juicing healthy.
- The auger/s in the masticating juicer “chews” the produce and slowly presses it towards a sharp screen. This ensures that you get as many nutrients as naturally as possible. You also get more juice as it extracts every drop of valuable enzymes from the fruits and veggies that you put in the juicer. This is extremely helpful since they need less help to digest. This is a huge deal especially for those with issues in their digestive system. Juicing makes sure they still get adequate nutrition to keep them in their best health.
- Another health benefit of masticating juicers is that it can efficiently process leafy greens. Centrifugal juicers are not exactly popular when it comes to juicing greens. Especially hard to process ones like wheatgrass, spinach, or kale. This is because they use a spinning blade to process produce and this certainly doesn’t work well with greens. But, this a hassle-free task for masticating juicers.
- They slowly rotate and press the greens to extract high-quality green juice and make sure you get all the fiber and nutrients that you need. Yes, even with usually hard to process leafy vegetables like wheatgrass or kale. You can confirm this when the juicer pushes out the pulp and it is almost bone-dry.
- Greens are extremely healthy but can be challenging to prepare and eat since some of them don’t taste well. Juicing makes it possible as you can mix it with better tasting fruits. These types of juices are great for detoxification and improve blood circulation.
- These slow juicers gently process fruits and vegetables at a very low speed. It helps loosen up the pulp which is then pushed through the end cap where it is pressed to release the juices. There is less amount of air introduced to the produce throughout the process. This means there is reduced oxidation, so you won’t get bloated after drinking the juice. Processing produce this way you also get a deeper, richer flavor in the juices.
- This also produces pure, high-quality juice that you can store in the fridge for up to 72 hours. Being able to make it ahead of time and the fresh, rich flavor of the juice makes it more possible to take your daily fruit and veggie needs.
Juicing in general is the easiest and most effective way of feeding your body all the much-needed nutrients to keep it healthy. Masticating juicers help make that more efficient and tastier. I hope this helps in your juicing journey! Let me know in the comments below what you think is the best health benefit of masticating juicers! 😉