I’m a firm believer that a great holiday appetizer should be festive, easy to make, and easy to eat. These Brie and Dark Cherry Phyllo Bites checks all these boxes and more! You can make 30 of these cute and crunchy phyllo cups filled with creamy brie and sweet dark cherry in under 25 minutes. That sounds like a great deal, right? Let’s make it even better, this appetizer only requires 4 simple ingredients!
The only thing you’ll regret after trying out this recipe is why you haven’t made them before. They are basically fail-proof and extremely time-efficient. I like making these yummy bites when I know I’ll have a lot of guests over. You can easily make 2 batches then move on with the rest of your dishes for the party. They also make perfect homemade handouts for your guests! Place them in little pastry boxes and tie them with twine or a cute ribbon, and voila!
One of my friends recently had her baby shower and this is what I brought to the party. It was an instant hit! My whole Instagram feed was filled with our friends’ IG posts about these delectable bites all day. Which I’m very much thankful for because I never get the chance to snap some shots of these phyllo bites whenever I make them.
The little ones smell them as soon as they come out of the oven and will be right there standing in front of the cooling rack ready to grab their fair share as soon as they cool down. As a mom, that’s the best compliment you can ever get. Especially when it comes to healthy food like this one. Sometimes I experiment and make different combinations like figs, blueberries, or even walnuts.
How I Make Brie And Dark Cherry Phyllo Bites
- Before doing anything else, I start by preheating the oven to 350° F. Since preparing the phyllo cups only takes about 15 minutes, you want the oven to be at the right temperature as soon as you’re done. Then prepare the baking pan by lining it with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. *If you’re using phyllo sheets, lightly spray a mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Next, line the phyllo cups into the lined baking pan. Add a small piece of brie to every cup then top them with the diced cherries. Drizzle with a little of the reserved cherry juice and maple syrup. Once you filled up all the cups, pop the pan into the oven for about 7 to 9 minutes.
- Once the brie has melted and the phyllo cups develop a nice golden-brown color, take them out of the oven. Allow to rest for about 5 minutes and serve the yummy bites while still warm!
What I Serve With Brie And Dark Cherry Phyllo Bites
Homemade Non-Alcoholic Eggnog – For a fun-filled holiday celebration, pair these Brie and Dark Cherry Phyllo Bites with chilled glasses of Homemade Non-Alcoholic Eggnog. This will surely make your little guests fuller and merrier this holiday season!
Cranberry Moscow Mule – Meanwhile the grown-ups will be more than happy to take a sip of this Cranberry Moscow Mule. A sweet and tart twist to the classic Moscow Mule served in traditional copper mugs. Have a berry jolly celebration with this festive pairing!
- 1 cup Brie, remove the rind removed and divide into 30 equal cubes
- ¾ cup frozen dark cherries, thaw and dice, reserve juice
- 3 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 30 frozen phyllo cups
- Preheat your oven at 350°F then prepare a baking pan by lining it with either a silicone baking mat or a sheet of parchment paper.
- Arrange the phyllo cups in a single layer on the lined baking pan. Place a tiny piece of brie in every cup and top it with little cherry pieces. Lastly, drizzle each phyllo cup with the reserved cherry juice and maple syrup.
- Once you filled up all the cups, pop the pan into the oven for about 7 to 9 minutes. When the brie has melted and the phyllo cups turned a nice golden-brown color, take the pan out of the oven.
- Let the cups rest for about 5 minutes and serve while still warm!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 30 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 120Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 127mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 0gSugar: 5gProtein: 2g
When celebrating the holidays, there’s nothing better than homemade treats and sweets. That’s why I love these Brie and Dark Cherry Phyllo Bites. They are super easy to make and doesn’t require me to stand for hours in the kitchen to feed all my guests! If you’ll be hosting parties and gatherings these coming weeks, you definitely want this recipe on your list!