Who doesn’t love a good old’ plate of crispy chicken fingers? This Everything Seasoning Chicken Fingers recipe goes out to my fellow kids at heart out there who want to level up this childhood classic. This is a ridiculously easy recipe that you can pass on to your kids and their kids.
You might ask, why make it from scratch when I can easily get store-bought chicken fingers? It’s healthier than frozen chicken fingers that you can get from the store. If you make it at home, you know what exactly goes into your food, especially if you have kids.
You can customize the recipe to go with a specific diet. For example, if you want to make it keto-friendly, replace the breadcrumbs with pork rinds or almond meal. Then use olive oil instead of regular cooking spray. Or if you want to use thigh fillet instead of chicken breasts.
Homemade chicken fingers take out all the unnecessary chemicals that come with store-bought processed food. Did I mention they only take less than 30 minutes to make? To be honest, them being homemade lessens the guilt when I’m throwing these in the air fryer when I’m too tired (or too lazy) to cook. 😉
What Goes Well With Everything Seasoning Chicken Fingers?
Pretty Much Everything
It’s a filling meal on its own, but you can pair it with various dips, soup, salad, pasta, sautéed veggies etcetera. Here are some of my favorite dishes to pair with Everything Seasoning Chicken Fingers:
Have 5 minutes to spare? Do yourself a favor whip up some homemade tartar sauce. This is my go-to dip whenever I make chicken fingers because they’re easy to make. You can even make a bottle of it and refrigerate for the next time you need a dipping sauce.
Another classic, slaw. Trust me, it’s a foolproof way for me to make a deal with the picky little ones. They get chicken fingers, but the slaw goes with it. Never once heard them complain, they love it!
Sweet Potato Fries
If there’s one thing I’m sure of, it’s that you’ll never go wrong with fries. Cut some sweet potatoes into wedges, sprinkle a little salt and pepper, and throw them into the air fryer. And you got yourself a perfect side for the chicken fingers.
Mac And Cheese
Need I say more? Mac and cheese and Chicken Fingers. No doubt a match made in heaven.
- 1 lb Chicken Breasts Sliced
- 1 Cup Panko Crumbs
- 2 Tablespoons Everything Seasoning
- 2 Eggs
- Cooking Spray
- Make the breading. Put Panko breadcrumbs in a shallow medium-sized bowl and add Everything Seasoning. Mix well until they’re evenly combined.
- Prep the egg wash. Beat the eggs in a separate bowl. Then dip the chicken fingers in the egg wash. Use a fork to move them around the bowl until they are completely coated. Then, toss it in the breading mixture.
- Get them rolling! Using a separate dry fork, roll the chicken fingers in the breading mixture. Repeat steps 2 and 3 until all the pieces of chicken are breaded.
- It’s frying time! Gently shake them to get rid of excess breading before you put them on the air fryer racks. Lightly spray the chicken fingers with your preferred cooking spray. Then put them in the air fryer for 15 minutes at 375° F.
- Let it cool. Once it’s golden brown and crispy, place in a cooling tray. This is also the best time for you to check for doneness, you can use a candy thermometer or simply tear one of the fingers. Thicker pieces might need additional time to cook and if so just put them back in the fryer for 2 to 3 more minutes.
- Serve. Transfer your new kitchen masterpiece to a serving plate with your choice of side. And finally, eat your heart out! 😉
- Cooking time may vary depending on the size and number of chicken fingers.
- You can use the same recipe on chicken nuggets!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 334Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 189mgSodium: 2597mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 42g
Once you master this recipe, you’ll forget about store-bought chicken fingers. Are you excited to make your own Everything Seasoning Chicken Fingers? Please don’t forget to share your tiny kitchen story with us by leaving a comment below! We’d love to hear from you. Much love, ciao! 😊