With the rising popularity of healthy smoothies like green juice all over your social media feed, I know you’ve been curious as to what goes on in it, and why people started joining the trend over this mysterious potion. It is effortless to make and will let you get all the nutrients you need in just one glass. Especially for people who are busy with work and everyday lives, it’s hard to plan and prepare a full, balanced meal and find time to push through with it. With these healthy smoothies, you only need to spend 5-10 minutes on your morning routine to prepare it, and you can drink it on-the-go.
Here are the reasons why you need to add a healthy smoothie on your diet:
- Improves Mental Health: Studies show that fresh fruits and vegetables essentially improves the mood and overall mental health in general. Among the top 10 fruits and vegetables that contribute to this would be cucumber, apples, lemon, carrots, and green leafy vegetables like spinach and lettuce which are usually included in making healthy smoothies.
- Suppresses Cravings: Drinking green juice can help suppress one’s appetite because of the combined properties of the ingredients you’re putting in. Like green leafy vegetables, apples and avocados which are rich in fiber, these will help you keep your hunger and cravings at bay.
- Promotes Good Digestion: If you are having metabolism issues, a glass of healthy smoothie every morning can help improve your digestion. Throw in high-fiber foods like apple, banana, broccoli, and prunes, and you’ll get a super drink to help you clean your gastro-intestinal tract.
- Enhances Skin Complexion: Uneven skin tone? Dark spots? That can be improved by drinking a glass of healthy smoothie that contains fruits and vegetables rich in vitamin E and beta-carotid like avocados, spinach, squash, and garlic.
- Boosts Immune System: Fruit smoothies that include a lot of Vitamin C can greatly boost one’s immune system. Some of those that you can add to your mix would be tangerines, lemons, grapefruits, and even clementine. Vitamin C helps fight free radicals in the body, therefore, alleviating the chances of various cancer and heart diseases.
- Strengthens the Bones: Most fresh produce contains magnesium, vitamin K and calcium that helps strengthen the bones. Some of these are frequently used in healthy smoothie recipes, like avocado, tomato, banana, Brussel sprouts, dates and most green leafy vegetables like spinach and kale.
- Maintain Sugar Levels: For those with high blood sugar levels, it is important to have a breakfast that will provide you high nutrients but is low in calories and carbohydrates. Green juice, which mostly consists of green leafy vegetables is the easiest way to fill up on your balanced meal for the day.
Now that you know the top benefits of having healthy smoothies, it’s time to take your heavy-duty blender out of the cupboards and start blending those cucumbers and leafy veggies up!
P.S. You may want to read, Vitamix 5200:Frequently Asked Questions post to know more about our favorite blender.