Hello loves. Have you heard about Takikomi Gohan? It’s one of the famous Japanese (many) methods of cooking rice. My daughter loves it in her bento too. 😉 Get the recipe below the video.
- 3 cups rice
- 10 grams dried shiitake
- 500 ml hot water
- 300grams chicken thigh meat,cut into small pieces
- 1tablespoon sake
- salt and pepper
- 150grams Bamboo shoot,cut into bite size
- 15grams ginger, thinly sliced
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sake
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- Put hot water and shiitake in a bowl, and leave for 2 hours.
- Then, remove the shiitake and cut into half. Set it aside as well as the stock.
- On a separate bowl, put the chicken and add 1 tablespoon sake. Sprinkle some salt and pepper. Marinade for 2 hours at room temperature.
- Wash the rice and drain, set aside.
- Put sesame oil in a pan. Add the ginger and saute in medium heat until lightly brown.
- Put the marinated chicken and stir for about 3 minutes.
- Add the bamboo shoot and shiitake.
- Add 2 tablespoons of sake and 5 tablespoons of soy sauce, and stir.
- Pour the shiitake stock.
- Cover and cook in medium heat for about 8 minutes.
- Do a quick taste test. Add some soy sauce according to your preference.
- Put the drained rice into the rice cooker and pour the mixture from step 11.
- Add some sesame oil and let it cook.