If you are not familiar with Velveeta cheese, it is a processed, pasteurized cheese product that is commonly used in place of natural cheese. This makes it ideal for making dishes such as queso, macaroni and cheese, and other foods such as fondue.
Velveeta Cheese can be bought at most grocery stores and convenience shops and costs on average around five to six dollars for a box.
There are several ways to melt Velveeta cheese, whether you are doing it for a recipe, or as an easy snack.
So how exactly do you melt it? We find out…
- How To Melt Velveeta Cheese In the Microwave
- How Do You Melt Velveeta Cheese On The Stove?
- How Do You Melt Velveeta Cheese In A Slow Cooker?
- How Long Does It Take To Melt A Block Of Velveeta Cheese?
- How To Melt Velveeta Cheese For Broccoli?
- How To Melt Velveeta Cheese For Macaroni?
- How To Melt Velveeta Cheese For Nachos?
- How Do You Melt Velveeta In Soup?
- How Do You Melt Velveeta Cheese Sticks?
- How Do You Melt Velveeta Cheese On Pizza?
- How To Melt Velveeta Cheese For Baked Potatoes?
- In Conclusion…
How To Melt Velveeta Cheese In the Microwave
1) Place the block of Velveeta cheese into a microwave-safe container.
2) Microwave the cheese for one minute, or until it is melted.
3) Stir the cheese to make sure all pieces are melted and mixed together well. If you notice areas that have not been melted after stirring, return to the microwave for 10 seconds at a time, stirring in between each time, until the cheese is fully melted.
4) Velveeta cheese can be used immediately or stored in an airtight container for several days. If you are planning on using it for multiple recipes, try to melt enough so that it can be stored in an airtight container for convenience.
So there you have it! Four easy steps on how to melt Velveeta cheese in the microwave!
How Do You Melt Velveeta Cheese On The Stove?
1) Place a block of Velveeta cheese into a saucepan.
2) Turn the stove on to low heat and allow the cheese to melt slowly, stirring regularly with a spoon. The melting process should take about five minutes, but may vary depending on your stove and heat level.
3) Once the cheese is melted, you can use it immediately or store it in an airtight container for up to a week.
Note: Be sure to use a low heat and stir often while melting so that you do not burn the cheese. Also, if your cheese is too thick after melting it, you can add a little milk to thin the cheese.
How Do You Melt Velveeta Cheese In A Slow Cooker?
1) Place whatever amount of Velveeta cheese you want into the slow cooker. If you are melting a large amount, then we suggest breaking the cheese into smaller blocks or amounts so the heat gets distributed evenly.
2) Pour your liquid of choice into the slow cooker (milk, water, etc). We highly recommend milk and you should use approximately 1 cup of milk for every pound of cheese.
3) Turn the slow cooker onto low and allow for around one hour approximately or until fully melted.
4) Stir your Velveeta cheese to make sure that all pieces are fully melted. If you notice areas that have not melted after stirring, then return it to the slow cooker on low for another 10 minutes or until fully melted. Make sure the mixture does not boil and pay close attention near the end of cooking time, as it can burn if left unattended too long.
5) Use immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about a week.
How Long Does It Take To Melt A Block Of Velveeta Cheese?
Velveeta melts and is ready for use at approximately 2-5 minutes, depending on the heat source and amount of cheese being melted. If you are melting a large block of cheese it may take longer than if you were just melting a small piece.
For example, it takes about 1-2 minutes to fully melt a small piece of velveeta cheese in the microwave. For larger blocks of cheese it may take 4-5 minutes.
On the stove top, velveeta takes about 5 minutes to melt. Again, this will depend on the size of your pot, amount of cheese and heat level etc. Be sure to keep an eye on it
Finally, in a slow cooker velveeta melts in about one hour. If using this method make sure to check your slow cooker every 15 minutes or so to make sure that the cheese doesn’t burn.
How To Melt Velveeta Cheese For Broccoli?
Step 1: Prepare a pan of boiling, salted water.
Step 2: Add broccoli to the boiling water, and cook according to directions (usually 5-7 minutes).
Step 3: Drain the broccoli in a colander, then transfer it back to the hot pot.
Step 4: Add Velveeta cheese slices or cheese wedges to the broccoli.
Step 5: Stir constantly until Velveeta cheese is melted and mixed in with the broccoli (about 1 minute). Serve immediately.
How To Melt Velveeta Cheese For Macaroni?
1) Cook the macaroni according to the directions (on the packet).
2) Drain macaroni in a colander and rinse with cool water until cooled.
3) Place cooked, drained macaroni into a pot or pan with butter on medium heat and stir constantly for about 3-5 minutes (until all creamy).
4) Remove from heat and add Velveeta cheese. Stir until all macaroni is coated with the melted cheese.
How To Melt Velveeta Cheese For Nachos?
1) Preheat the oven to 350/400 degrees.
2) Lay out tortilla chips in a large casserole dish and sprinkle with desired amount of taco seasoning (onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper). You can also add black beans or corn here if you wish.
3) Pour about 1/4 cup milk over the top of the tortilla chips.
4) Place Velveeta cheese on top of the tortilla chips.
5) Place in the oven for approximately 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted to your liking.
6) Remove from the oven, add the desired amount of salsa and guacamole on top and enjoy!
How Do You Melt Velveeta In Soup?
1) Prepare your favorite soup recipe.
2) Cut up the Velveeta cheese into cubes, slices or wedges.
3) Add cheese to soup and stir until melted (about 2-5 minutes). Serve immediately.
Velveeta cheese melts really well in many types of soup and can add a creamy texture. It is known for adding a smooth, creamy taste to soups and mixes really well with milk or broth-based soups such as cream of mushroom, corn chowder and chicken noodle soup.
How Do You Melt Velveeta Cheese Sticks?
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2) Cut Velveeta cheese into cubes, slices or wedges.
3) Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet and place in the oven for 5 minutes or until melted (watch it closely). Serve immediately.
How Do You Melt Velveeta Cheese On Pizza?
1) Prepare your favorite pizza recipe.
2) Cut up the Velveeta cheese into cubes, slices or wedges.
3) Add cheese to the prepared pizza. If you are baking, then place it under the broiler for about 1-2 minutes or until melted (watch carefully). If you are grilling, then place it on top of your pizza and cover with a lid for about 2-3 minutes to allow the cheese to melt. Enjoy!
How To Melt Velveeta Cheese For Baked Potatoes?
1) Bake your favorite kind of potatoes (russet, red, sweet etc).
2) Cut the Velveeta cheese into cubes and add to a bowl.
3) Microwave for 2-5 minutes or until fully melted (watch carefully).
4) Add cheese to the prepared potato and serve immediately.
As you can see, there are several different ways you can melt Velveeta cheese. It can be melted in the microwave, on top of a pizza or baked potato and broccoli. The best way to know how much you need is by knowing what you’re cooking as some dishes will require more (or less!) cheese and flavors than others.
For example, if you like nachos then it’s helpful that you have them prepared the way you like them first, before melting the cheese (such as using taco seasoning for instance).
However, if you want something simple such as macaroni and cheese then all you have to do is cook up some noodles and add velveeta cubes when it’s done cooking. The choices are yours…no matter which way melts your heart!